March 1, 2014

Introducing Aimee Rose!

Pardon my absence! I have been busy with a certain 8 lb. bundle of cuteness...

Yes, indeed, Le Bebe is finally here! She was one week overdue before I was induced, and she came roaring into this world on February 11th at 7.76 pounds! Funnily enough, my OB was worried a couple months ago that she would be too small. Nope! 

So here she is, Aimee Rose Richmond--milk drunkard, thumb sucker, diaper wetter champion, and all around serving of awesomeness. She's named after my sister-in-law Aimee, but we've been calling her all sorts of nicknames like Miss Bean, Baby Sloth, and Benjamin Button. 'Cause sometimes she looks like an old man. Just sayin'! 

{I love those eyes! They're usually closed though.}
The last two and a half weeks have been exhilarating and emotional and exhausting. There have been a few lows (Will I ever be able to shower again?!) but mainly highs--and the highs have been so very sweet. There are times when I am so overwhelmed by love for this little girl and with gratitude for her papa Justin (who has diaper-changing down to a science!). 

Of course, I still have those moments where I'm like, "Whoa, I'm a mom? Egads!" And then I look at my little Bean and I think: I am a mom. I'm her mom. And because of that, I am so very lucky. 

{She doesn't like having her arms swaddled so I've had to make do.}
{Otto has been a great older canine brother!}
{At the hospital, right after she was born. So sweet!}

19 comments:

  1. Ok these photos are making me die from the cute!!! I can't wait to meet her!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! This made me teary. She is so beautiful. I can't wait to meet her too! I've been thinking of you guys so much! :) Congratulations again, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO so much love and congrats to you! <3 She is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Precious!!!! Congrats, what a little beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, C!!! She is absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's perfect, Caroline! And I love her name... So beautiful. Congratulations! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is darling!!! Congrats! Enjoy your sweet little button. And I was right, she did have quite a bit of dark hair! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited to see pictures. And I am so excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy cuteness!!! Congratulations, Caroline! So happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Caroline! She's so absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I AM EXPLODING FROM THE ADORBS!!!!!!!

    *explodes from the adorbs*

    I'm so, so happy for you, Caroline! She's gorgeous! And I love how Otto is proving to be a great big brother. :D Here's to lots of awesomeness and shenanigans as a new mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's soooo adorable! Congratulations Caroline!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your new addition! So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She's beautiful, Caroline, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photos! I love her already!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! I actually came over to congratulate you on the cover for THE ONLY THING TO FEAR, but this is a much cuter "reveal"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. CONGRATS!!!! Babies DO bring a love in your home that is unique!! I'm way excited for you guys! You'll be amazing parents! My little guy is only a couple weeks older than Aimee. We should hook 'em up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations!! She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete