August 23, 2012

The Love List

I know it's Thursday and thus a day late, but is it okay if I belatedly participate in YA Highway's weekly blog prompt?

This week's topic was too fun to pass up!

Basically, the prompt asks us to create a "Love List" for our books or works-in-progress. What exactly is a Love List? Well, it's a simple collection of words and phrases that sparked the creation of a story. (The one and only Stephanie Perkins explains it all in this blog post.)

So here's my own Love List for my YA alternate history, ANOMALY...

A lonely girl
A humble, handsome boy
Shenandoah hills
Secret superpowers
Secret allies?
Revolution
A bead of blood
Brick-and-marble cities
Soldiers, scrambling
Gunfire
The capital, burning
A treetop kiss
Pale eyes, opening

And to steal an idea from Tracey Neithercott and Erin Bowman, I've also included a few images that hopefully capture what ANOMALY is about.

{A lonely girl in the Shenandoah Hills}
{Soldiers in the city}
{Revolution}
How about you? Do you have a Love List for your novel? If so, what's on it? 

Do spill!

8 comments:

  1. It was such a fun topic this week! I love your list Caroline, it sounds like an amazing story. I love the sound of a treetop kiss and a bead of blood has me intrigued.

    And I like the change to your header.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much, Alexa! I think you're the first person who noticed the new blog header! I got kind of bored with the old one and was in the mood to try something new.

      How are you doing, my long-lost friend? I thought about you during the Olympics and how close you were to all of the action!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh: a bead of blood; the capitol, burning; revolution! I love it!! And that image is gooorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Sarah! I love that image with the girl and mountains too! I saw it this morning and I was like, Must. Save This. Now. Thank goodness for Pinterest, eh? Haha.

      Delete
  3. <3 these:
    A bead of blood
    The capital, burning
    A treetop kiss

    Such awesome images!! Can't wait to read some day, C! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on line edits for ANOMALY but you're more than welcome to read it whenever you like, E!!! Your feedback on the first couple chapters were amazingly insightful!

      Delete
  4. Oooo!! So pretty. Sounds like a fantastic story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eee! I love the sound of this book! The image of "the capitol, burning" is so powerful, and I love the image you have of the girl in the hills. I hope I get to read this someday! :)

    I love this YA Highway topic. Might have to steal it for a future blog post!

    ReplyDelete