August 29, 2012

Lately...

Lately, I've resolved to get my arse off the sofa and, you know, do things. 

See, my revisions have taken over my life in the last few weeks and so I've transformed into a writer-hermit who only ventures outside to fetch the mail or gather necessary supplies (ie, edible things, toothpaste, etc.). 

But enough! I must DO ALL THE THINGS! 

Especially because DC gets so lovely around this time of year, with the humidity dimming and the tourists disappearing and the stores hosting lots of fabulous sales. 

Mmm, shopping. :) 

Recently, my little sis and I ventured to Georgetown, one of the oldest neighborhoods in the city that's full of adorable townhomes, gas street lamps, and flowers aplenty. Oh! There are a ton of stores and restaurants here too, like Anthropologie and H&M and Paper Source and Urban Outfitters. Basically, I want to go here when I die. (I bought this dress in blue.)

Onto some pics! How I love you beloved DSLR! 

{Hello green door! This house dates back to 1810.}
{The summer's last hydrangeas.}
{Miniature Black-eyed Susans.}
{Must. Live. Here. Now.}

More writing- and book-related posts to come soon!

How are you, by the way?

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pics! I need to make it back to DC and Georgetown sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! And if you come, we can grab lunch and talk books! :)

      Delete
  2. Such lovely photos! I love the last one, and Georgetown seems simply beautiful! I can see why you East Coasters love the end of summer/Fall so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I do indeed love the fall very, very much! But then the winter comes (Boo! Hiss!) and I wish I lived in California! I'd love to live in San Francisco but only if it could have weather (and beach access) like LA. How can we combine these cities? Must plot a way...

      Delete
    2. LOL, I love San Fran too, but yes, it is much windier and rains a lot more in the winter than it does in LA. There are also many, many hills! But in the non-winter, Bay Area weather is often pure perfection - not too hot! But yeah, I've never been to the beach in NorCal, so I don't know about that.

      Delete
  3. WHY don't I live where you live? These pics are gorgeous!!

    Happy to know you're venturing out ye olde hobbit hole. :) I think distance is crucial not only for your writing, but other facets of your life as well. *cheers you on*

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! We should have a joint Georgetown outing for cupcakes and Anthro and Paper Source sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss NoVa SO much. The falls are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Georgetown! I miss it so much! It will be time for Pumpkin cupcakes soon, please enjoy one for me :)

    ReplyDelete