October 7, 2009

My grandma was one classy dame


Before I headed to my grandmother's funeral last Saturday, I had to make a slideshow that would play at the service. My aunt Jean asked me to do it---and how could I say no?

As I pored through piles and piles of old photographs, I couldn't help but notice a common theme throughout the pictures: my Popo was one fashionable lady. She may have donned sweatpants and granny sweaters in her later years, but---my goodness---she certainly had a knack for fashion when she was younger.

Now, I know why I'm so obsessed with clothes and shoes!

Here are some of my favorites:


Here's grandma rocking a fur coat. (This was before fur became a fashion no-no.)


My grandma with two of my aunts. Check out those plaid pants on my Aunt Ann!


A picture of my grandma with my grandpa. They're buried next to each other at a beautiful cemetery overlooking Los Angeles.


And just for kicks, this is a family portrait of my grandma's family back in China---my Popo had seven brothers and sisters! My great-grandparents are seated in front. My grandmother is standing in the second row, the second from the left.

10 comments:

  1. those are some awesome pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great you digitized all of these for your family and did a slideshow. I'm sure her funeral was so classy. Love her clothes. They were so fashionable back then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your grandma, but what a treasure to go through those pictures! They are AMAZING though!! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see where you get your impeccable style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a lady! How fun for you to see all those...

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry to hear about your grandma. you have some amazing photos. she is stunning and so stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh those are great photos! love the outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry to hear about your grandma- those were great photos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! She does look really classy. I wonder what our grandkids will say about us when they see our old photos?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry to hear about your grandma, but excited to find your blog!

    ReplyDelete