Hi there, 2016!

Oh, hello! *Blows dust off blog*

Caroline, here. You may have forgotten about me, but I'm still alive! My blogging has been pretty spotty as of late--and I might vanish again, like poof--but now that the Toddler Overlord goes to a sitter three times a week I hope I can post more often!

To herald my great return to blogging (ha!), I decided to spiff up its design! For nostalgia's sake here's what it used to look like below. I still love that color scheme and the polka dots, but my blog hadn't had a new look since early 2016. (So unfashionable.) Thus for the past couple weeks I've been brainstorming a redesign and spending too much time on Pinterest. I wanted something with a clean layout, fun colors, and an emphasis on typography and geometric shapes. I think I ticked those boxes! What do you all think?



And in other news, here's what I've been up to in the last eight months:
* I finished all revisions for The Darkest Hour! Whew! The book is now in ARC form, and will be published on 7/26/2016. Holy smokes!
* The Overlord turned two yesterday! I'm not sure how this is possible, and I fear I may have fallen into some Star Trek-style time loop. How am I the parent of a two-year-old? A toddler?!
* We moved into our very first house! We still have a lot of furniture to buy and decorating to do, but we feel so lucky to have our own place. *pets soapstone countertops*
* Justin started his own NGO! So very proud of him.
* A lot of other things have happened but I can't think of them now because I have an awful, no good, terrible cold. I'm going to hug some DayQuil now. 
Tell me what you've been up to, long-lost friends!