October 25, 2013

A Surprise!

I've been meaning to write this post for months, quite literally. But then life sort of got in the way, namely revisions and more revisions and other random stuff, like doing real estate research and dealing with family drama and eating too many cookies. 

*Munches on more cookies* *Dreams about cookies*

So! I thought I'd reveal my little secret via photograph. Without further adieu...

Here I am back in May, getting my author photos taken by the lovely Rebekah Murray! As a quick aside, we did most of the shoot at Dumbarton Oaks in Washington, DC, which is just about the loveliest garden in the entire city. Once you step through the gates, you feel like you've been transported to an old estate in the English countryside. It's seriously one of my favorite places!

Okay, okay! Enough of my tangents. Here we are now in October, almost November....







Ahhhh, I have swallowed a watermelon!

Oh wait. That's just the baby who has taken residence in my stomach. Whew!

So yes! I'm pregnant! I'm about 26 weeks right now, which is about six months along. I'm due in early February, and Justin and I are super excited! And nervous too! And I'm getting huge!

Oh, we're also having a little girl. :)

We can't wait to meet her!

19 comments:

  1. Caroline! This makes me so happy! Congratulations, a million times! You look beautiful. :-) And, I know I'm biased and all, but little girls are the absolute best. I'm thrilled for you and Justin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already squeed at you on Twitter, but OMG, CONGRATS to you and Justine!!! I'm so happy for you. Also, I'm already imagining all the adorable things you can dress her in. Think of Halloween! Aaaah! *hugs hugs hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! My little one was born Feb 7 so maaaaaybe they'll share birthdays? mwuahah <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That's so exciting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, how cute are you?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Caroline! What wonderful, exciting news. I am so happy for both of you. you look gorgeous!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! And six months...you look fantastic. I'm so happy for you (and just a teensy bit jealous that you're having a little girl :) If you email me your address I have some burp cloths I can send you. I've been trying my hand at sewing and I'm pretty sucky at it but I would love to send you a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, huge congrats to you and the hubby! There's nothing like those sweet lil' babies. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHHHHHH omgomgomg. I am so happy for you and Justin! Congratulations!!! You look fabulous, and I can't WAIT to see the first family photo of all three of you. <333

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah that's so great! I'm so happy for you both! I'll tell Mommy Glenna to start sewing you some girls stuff! She'll be thrilled :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratulations! so super excited for you and can't wait to see baby pics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwwww congratulations!!!!! So happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bump pic, hooray! Wish I was there to rub your belly, in a non creepy way of course. Just for good luck! You look so cute, and I can't wait to meet your adorable little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bump pic, hooray! Wish I was there to rub your belly, in a non creepy way of course. Just for good luck! You look so cute, and I can't wait to meet your adorable little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats, Caroline! As a mother of two, I can tell you that you're in for one heck of an exhilarating, crazy, scary, wicked cool ride! (Now that I think about it, your career as an author has probably prepared you quite well...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats, Caroline! As a mom, I can tell you you're in for one heck of an exhilarating, scary, crazy, thrilling ride! (Now that I think about it, your career as a writer has probably prepared you quite well...) :)

    ReplyDelete