March 7, 2013

Our New Puppy!

Look, a puppy! Isn't he cute?

What's crazy is, he's actually my puppy! Or shall I say our puppy. Justin and I have been married five years and we've been talking about getting a dog for nearly as long, but we finally sat down and did our research and we brought this little guy home with us on Sunday!

His name is Otto.
I like to call him Otto von Bismarck, a nod to the German chancellor. 
But Justin calls him Otto von Poopypants. 
I'm not sure I can approve of this...

Nicknames aside, Otto has been a great addition to our little family! He cuddles with me on the couch (cute!); he follows me around the house (cute!); and he adores biting Justin's feet (not as cute!). He also has the hugest ears that aren't quite sure if they should be floppy or straight. I vote for floppy! 

Without further adieu, here are a few pictures of our beloved Otto! I sure do love him already.






9 comments:

  1. He is sooooo cute! I love how his ears are kinda sideways. :) German shepherds are one of my favorite dogs, which is why we got Loki (he's a gsd mix - we think his other mix is shiba inu), and my first dog, the one I grew up with was a gsd mix too. They're just so smart and beautiful!

    Pick him up while you still can and enjoy the puppy romps! Those are THE CUTEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name Otto. He is adorable. The pictures of him are wonderful. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ow - I love him - does he howl at sirens yet? I tell my GS that she has outer space satellite ears they are so big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG he is the cutest. I wouldn't be getting any work done with that face nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww, he's adorable. These pics make me miss having a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo cute. I love him, what a complete darling. I hope we'll be seeing lots of pictures of him in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those ears! SO CUTE. Congrats on your new family member!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love. He's adorable! Is he all German Shepherd? Rob loves that breed and grew up with them. Sam totally wants one too. You guys are so lucky. I LOVE HIS EARS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CAROLINE HE IS SO CUTE. And as I've said before, I love the name Otto (plus all the nicknames :D)! Following you around the house is the sweetest thing ever. Cherish his puppyhood, they grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete