Happy 4th!

Happy Independence Day, my fellow Americans!

And to all of you non-Americans, I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July that is filled with hot dogs and air-conditioning and long naps! ('Cause that sounds like pretty awesome to me!)

Today is a day of great celebration, not only because it is America's 236th birthday---USA! USA!---but also because we finally have cable and internet at my house. Due to the awful storm that swept through DC over the weekend, we lost power for three days and our cable/internet connection got conked out with it. Even worse, our house turned into a broiling oven.

Suffice to say, I was rather displeased.

There was some of this...


And a little bit of this...


 But then the power came back! And I literally did a dance! Kind of like this....


And now the internet is back and I have TV and my quest for world domination is nearly complete! 


Yayyy!

Yay for freedom and liberty! Yay for the Founding Fathers!

And a big YAY for electricity!

(Also yay for hot dogs and coleslaw. And air conditioning. Beloved AC! Ahhhhh.)