March 19, 2012

The Voice Inside My Head

After yesterday's sad-filled post, I thought I'd lighten things up around this ol' blog. Why don't we talk about something fun?

THE VOICE INSIDE MY HEAD! 

Okay, so let's backtrack a little.... You guys have seen the movie Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, right? If you haven't here's the basic premise: 

Harrison Ford + Nazis + Blimp + Mission to find the Holy Grail

So, near the end of the movie, Harrison Ford finally meets an eight-hundred-year-old knight who has been tasked to protect the Holy Grail. The knight shows Harrison & Co. a cavern full of golden goblets and bowls, telling them that they must choose the right one. The true grail shall grant eternal life while the false grails shall bring...DEATH!


Anyway, this rich guy steps forward and chooses a jewel-encrusted cup, which he promptly drinks from to gain immortality. And this happens to him: 


Then the old, old, old knight pipes in: 


Yep! Awesome! Indiana Jones = One of my favorite movies. 

(Also, I think the real line is "He has chosen...poorly." But I'm taking liberties for the sake of this post.)

So...back to the topic at hand...

Sometimes, when I'm out and about, I seriously hear this old knight's voice in my head, chiding me. Really. 

Like, when I switch lanes to drive a little faster but then I proceed to crawl at a snail's pace. 

YOU HAVE CHOSEN...POORLY! 

Or when I buy a new brand of hummus but it's not as good as my old brand.

YOU HAVE CHOSEN...POORLY! 

Or when I decide to eat cake for dinner and a Cinnabon for dessert (and ice cream for second dessert).

YOU HAVE CHOSEN...POORLY! AND UNHEALTHILY! 

Haha. 
Yeah. 
I promise you I'm not crazy. 
I'm just...obsessed with Indiana Jones? 

And, hey, at least the voice in my head isn't saying Fuggetaboutit or STELLA! or May the odds be ever in your favor. 

Although would it be such a bad thing to hear Hunger Games lines in your head? 

:)

12 comments:

  1. good old Indiana Jones. If there's one voice to have in your head, I think that one's pretty good. And I'd laugh every time I heard it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, good point! I guess if I had to pick any voice to hear in my head, then this one ain't a bad choice.

      Delete
  2. This made me giggle Caroline, love it! I think I'll start saying it to my son :D

    And photos of Harrison Ford as Indiana are always welcome on a grey Tuesday morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Harrison Ford was SO swoony during his Indiana Jones days! I think he was at his handsomest then. Of course, the hat and the dusty jacket help too. :)

      Delete
  3. Love it Caroline. Have a great week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, Lindsay! Hope you have a great week too!

      Delete
  4. Next time you come visit and the guys are out having a cigar I know what movie to 'whip' out! (insert whip sound here).

    ;o)

    I hear my mothers voice in my head all the time. Some times it is a little scary when I'm not expecting her to pop in and even more frightening when her voice comes out of my mouth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! We must watch The Last Crusade the next time Justin and I come down for a visit! I'd love to go shopping with you and Sam, and I want to pinch Henry's chubby little thighs!

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, you crack me up! My husband and I were talking about how movie quotes speak to us our heads just the other day, so this was a very timely post. Glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know that I'm not alone! Sometimes I seriously worry if I'm crazy in the noggin.... Haha. But this means that you, me, and Matt are ALL crazy in the noggin!

      Delete
  6. Bahaha, that's too funny, Caroline! I have to say I've never watched any Indiana Jones movies, but I have played video games featuring him... does that count? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaaa? How have you not watched any Indiana Jones movies? Get thee to a video store at once!

      Haha, but they're seriously entertaining movies! They probably seem a little dated now but I'd highly recommend Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. (Although I'd skip the Crystal Skulls one. That wasn't very good.)

      Delete