March 18, 2012

Missing Aimee

Today is the three-month anniversary of my sister-in-law's passing. 

I miss Aimee. 

I miss her friendship and her support. I miss her laugh, her high-wattage smile. 

I mourn that I won't see that smile again. I mourn over a friendship lost. I mourn that she won't be there to see her daughter grow up, and that she won't be a part of my own children's lives. 

I mourn her. I miss her. And I love her for having been the very best sister to my husband and the very best sister-in-law I could have asked for. 

Sometimes, I still feel angry and sad and frustrated about Aimee's death. Today though, I am grateful for Aimee's life. For her optimism. For her strength. For the example she set for me and for all those around her. 

She was the best person I knew, and I'm so very thankful that I got to be part of her too-short life. 


{Photos courtesy of Pat Rhoads}

6 comments:

  1. Hugs and love to you and to Justin's family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful photos. Her life may have been short, but it looks like it was full of love and happiness.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((((hugs)))) To you and J and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely photos! All the best to you and Justin's family as you deal with your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures make my heart all warm, Caroline. It looks like Aimee was a wonderful mama. I hope you and Justin and Pat and Rowan are all doing well. I think of you and your family often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures and Amiee sounds like such a beautiful soul. Thinking of you and your family. x

    ReplyDelete