November 28, 2011

It's Christmas Time!

I don't know what it is but I am SO EXCITED about Christmas this year! Every time I stop by Target or the shopping mall, I can't stop oh-ing and ah-ing about the holiday wreaths, the adorable ornaments, and the pretty twinkly lights.

Bring it on, Christmas!

Here are a few things that have caught my eye in the past few weeks:

Left: Penguin Ornaments from C&B; Joy Apron from C&B



I love this idea of hanging stars and snowflakes from the ceiling! It adds such a visual punch to the room, and it's awfully pretty.



Oh, Martha Stewart strikes again! I really love using Christmas cards as a to spice up party decorations. Clever and cheap! (Also, mmmm punch. I want some of that punch!)



Snowflake marshmallows! You know what would be a perfect day? I'd grab my writer friends, take them to a lovely mountain cabin, make a batch of hot chocolate + marshmallows, and spend the whole day chatting about books and writing and laughing, laughing, laughing. 



Pure magic! I wish I could be a kid again and wake up to this starry display on Christmas morning. Le sigh. Perfection!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I love those hanging stars & snowflakes! So pretty!

    That lovely mountain cabin day sounds perfect. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture is gorgeous. I want that to be the hallway in my house.

    I love this time of year! It makes me want to curl up by the fireplace with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate. I'll be calmer once my book is turned in though (jan2), and I have all the holiday shopping out of the way. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. christmas music is a must in our home (all year round). It always puts me in a happy mood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All pretty!

    A friend of mine made homemade cocoa mix with homemade snowman marshmallows one year. So cute and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those penguins are ADORABLE! The hanging stars, snowflakes, and twinkling lights look wonderful, but I can't imagine pulling that off in my house. 'Tis fun to dream, though =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good grief--that apron is adorable! You always manage to make me want things I definitely DON'T need, Caroline. And that last image... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snowflake marshmallows! Adorable penguins! Lights!

    I love this time of year. :D

    ReplyDelete