May 15, 2011

A New Look!


So my little blog has a new look!

Since I was kind of tired of my old template, I spent the better part of Saturday looking for interesting layouts and drooling over custom designs that I don't have the cash to pay for. When I couldn't find anything free that I liked, I decided to try my hand at revamping my blog...

Cue hours of trial and error! And lots of tea!

But I finally came up with this design. Voila! I ended up having way too much fun making my own blog header and sidebar buttons. I also spent an inordinate amount of time on DaFont.com, which has seriously the coolest fonts ever. It even has entire fonts dedicated to Charlie Brown and The Simpsons!

Hope you guys like the new look! I think it's more readable and I sure do love those buttons!

17 comments:

  1. oh! i LOVE it! it looks professional and the buttons are completely awesome

    well done :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, SUPER cute! I totally love it. It's so retro and cute. Totally adore the typewriter letters in the header. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - and love the old typewriter kepad at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new blog layout! It's very professional and cute -- and it's awesome that you did it all by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I love it, Caroline! So clean and retro and professional. Love the colors too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!!! I love it it's so cute and I love the buttons. You should start a side business!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new look :D It's clean and professional, but with all these great little details that really give it personality.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well worth the effort--really nice, memorable theme and --I agree--cool buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OHMYGOD, Caroline! That is PRO designing skills. The background is stylish and not too reserved, and I LOVE the header and sidebar buttons! OMG *WANTS*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool! I'm actually drooling--I'm working on revamping, but you've definitely outdone me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I especially like the sidebar callouts/buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it!

    It makes me want to update my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to make love to your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a cool change, Caroline. ;-) I like it.

    I need to change mine soon myself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks AWESOME.

    I agree that dafont is a total timesuck. So many lost hours...

    ReplyDelete