December 7, 2010

A Room of One's Own

I think every writer dreams about having a cozy place to curl up and write. A place where we can lock the door, ditch our phones, and focus on drafting and revising our manuscripts. Ah, a room of our own!


I really love interior decorating so I've thought a lot about my perfect office. (This is kind of funny since my husband and I probably won't buy a house for a LONG time. Grad school and what have you...) But a girl can dream, right?


And dream I have! 


Once again, I have turned to my good friend Polyvore to come up with a few ideas...





To top it all off, a perfect office needs to have a perfect view. This would be mine: a beach-front vista of the Outer Banks in North Carolina.



Lovely! Now I just need to make a million dollars to buy my perfect house on the perfect beach so I can make my perfect office. Come on, little book, I need you to sell! 

So what would your perfect office look like? And what would be your perfect view?

5 comments:

  1. My office would be big enough for a settee and a small fridge, not to mention a vast library and an incredible view of a forest-surrounded lake. Funny how view seems important when one should be focused on the page:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! My office would be lined with beautiful wooden bookcases and I'd have a Tiffany lamp on the bookscase and a big leather chair to curl up. And a desk I guess as it's an office :) And lost of stuff from Pottery Barn :)

    I might have the Outerbanks too but in Summer time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I'll take office #2 please!! I would love a cozy little writing area for myself. Then again, I also want to reclaim my dining room from the princess dolls and transformers and that isn't happening anytime soon LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw I love that little owl thing! So cute. My current writing-view is of the DC skyline, so it's not so bad, but I would so love to join you on that NC beach! Also, you will design my office, because clearly you have much better style abilities than I do :)

    Crossing my fingers for your book. I know it will sell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Polyvore! :)
    Like the mac in office number1

    Mine would have a nice big desk, sound proof walls and door, two large monitors, and most importantly, a kill-switch to take away net access.

    ReplyDelete