Oh, my neglected little blog! How I have ignored you! Many apologies, little blog. Forgive? Can we be friends again?
So my trip to New York was great, albeit very tiring! Lots of eating. Lots of walking. And lots of talking with my friend Amanda, whom I first met in the seventh grade. We bonded in our science class and now we're planning her wedding. Aieee! How fast time travels...
Here's a quick recap of my trip in bulletpoints:
* Justin and I ate our way through New York. Forget about the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Building or Central Park! Instead, we gobbled down pizza, gelato, Spanish tapas (mmm!), Malaysian food, guacamole with mango and pomegranate seeds (surprisingly yummy), manchego mac & cheese, etc. Whew! I'm still stuffed from it all.
* Hangin' out with Amanda was awesome. I only get to see her once or twice a year so our time together is always precious to me. My favorite part of our trip was going to the Cloisters (medieval art rocks!) and helping her choose the save-the-date cards for her wedding (they are SO cute!). I love weddings. *Sigh* But I have to wait a whole year until hers rolls around next September!
* Goat cheese ravioli, hot chocolate as thick as a milkshake, and... Whoops! Still thinking about the food.
* One last note about food: my lunch with Jim went well! Phew! We chatted about the Met, his recent trip to Chicago, books (of course!), and our excitement about Mockingjay. Jim was incredibly nice and funny and he didn't laugh at me when I dropped my fork on the floor. (Eek, so embarassing!)
* And speaking of Mockingjay... I finished it last night and I'm still trying to process it all. I figure a lot of you might still be reading it so I'll wait to post my review, but I'm really eager to see what others think about it.
* Oh, I also slept for an epic 17 hours yesterday. Yipes! I took some dramamine in the morning before our flight to Indianapolis (yes, we are back in Indy. I am t-i-r-e-d from all of this traveling) and the medicine knocked me out cold. I was like a zombie! A drooling, sleepy zombie.
That's it for now! Onto revisions...