July 6, 2010

July 4th Update

Happy Independence Day everyone!

Yeah, yeah, I know July 4th was two days ago, but I hope y'all had a nice holiday with plenty of hot dogs, hamburgers, and fireworks!

My brain isn't functioning properly today, which means I don't have anything meaningful/funny/useful to blog about. So here's just a quick update on what's going on in my life:

1.) Justin and I are leaving Fayetteville forever on July 22nd! Haha! Goodbye ugly military town! Hello DC!

2.) Which means we're packing. Ugh. And cleaning. Ughhhhhh.

3.) Do books secretly copulate at night? I mean, seriously. I didn't think I would need to buy more boxes after our last move, but I keep finding books all over our apartment--in my closet, buried underneath my clothes, under the sofa, etc. My books must be shagging at night and creating little book babies! Yes, that must be it.

4.) I'm sort of re-writing my MG novel. Shh! Don't tell Jim... I can't help myself though. I keep re-reading the chapters and thinking to myself, "Gah! This is so poorly written! Must fix! Delete, delete!"

BALEETED!

Heh, I just had to throw in a little Homestar Runner reference...

5.) Planning trips! Man, oh man, I'm so excited! After three years of marriage, Justin and I are finally taking our honeymoon in September. We're going to St. Lucia! And we were able to find a package at an all-inclusive hotel for 55% off the regular price! Ahh!

6.) Scuba lessons. Gulp. In preparation for our St. Lucia vacation, Justin wants us to get SCUBA-certified so we can swim through cool reefs and shipwrecks during our stay. I'll be honest, I'm kind of freaked out about this. What if my oxygen tank goes kaput? What if I swim to the surface too fast? What if a shark bites me and I DIE? Hmm...I might be the most risk-averse person on the planet.

7.) Speaking of trips, Justin and I are planning a jaunt up to New York for a long weekend in August. Can you believe that he's never been to New York before? The horror! I'd like to drag him to the Met and the MoMa and maybe even the Cloisters, but I think he'd rather watch "American Idiot" and hang out with his friends. Ah well.

Well, back to packing and editing!

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with packing and moving! And it's so cool that you guys will be taking a trip to St. Lucia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. St. Lucia sounds magical. Can't wait for your DC arrival! So does this mean he's out of the military forever?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline!! I love reading your blog! You always make me laugh. I'm really excited for your trips and for moving! Best of luck with the packing and cleaning...that will be us next April/May (yep already thinking about it), and I'm sure it will be a grand headache.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL @ finding books - that's kinda cool :) Love discovering things when I'm packing.

    And yay for holidays! That picture looks amazing!

    I'd love to go to New York...one day :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay come on up to DC ... maybe the heat wave will be over by then??

    I find myself changing things my agent didn't mention too! Can't wait to talk over revisions and such with you :)

    I am also freaked out by the idea of scuba diving. Hell, I get freaked out by snorkeling even when it's in calm water. I seriously have a mini-panic-attack and have to relearn how to snorkel each time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy, thank you! I'm pretty excited about St. Lucia! :o) I've never been to the Carribean before!

    Kim, we should grab lunch or dinner something! And yes, Justin is out of the military FOREVER. It's hard for me to believe!

    Bridgette, SO good to hear from you! Where are you guys moving? And how's your pregnancy going? You're going to be such an awesome mom!

    Nomes, thanks for the comment! I hope you make it to New York one day--it's a lot of fun! But man, I really hope that I can visit Australia at some point. I'd love to spend weeks and weeks in your country!

    Lynn, haha. I'm so glad that I'm not alone in my fear of scuba diving! I also freak out when I go snorkeling too--what am I going to do?! And yes, can't wait to talk revisions with you once I'm in DC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG you sound like you have so many good things going on at once!! Head to Chicago - there's a ton of restaurants I would love to take you to!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I scuba certified four years ago and just barely took my first real dive. We went to Hawaii last week and went diving through coral reef tunnels. I was sooo nervous before we left, but it ended up being so fun.

    You are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete