June 3, 2010

Caroline in Threes

So my friend, the fabulous Lindsay Currie, tagged me with a fun "Me in Threes" questionnaire. So without further adieu...

CAROLINE IN THREES

Three names I go by:

1.) Caroline - It's pronounced Caroline, not Carolyn. My former boss did not understand the difference. Harumph.
2.) Carol - My entire family calls me this, but all my friends call me Caroline. Weird, huh?
3.) Swoff - Justin's nickname for me. Long story...

Three jobs I've had:

1.) Freelance writer - Great job, but it's easy to get lazy. :o)
2.) Curatorial Assistant - I got a discount on space ice cream. Can't beat that.
3.) Research Assistant - Need help with using a microfilm machine? I'm your woman!

Three places I've been and loved:

1.) Outer Banks, North Carolina - Justin and I met started dating here!
2.) Paris, France - Cheese! Bread! Pastries! I think I gained ten pounds in three days...
3.) Lake District, England - I'm trying to convince Justin to go back with me. I've posted a picture below. It's so gorgeous, isn't it?


Three movies I love:

1.) The Princess Bride - "Mawiage! Mawiage is what bwings us togethah twoday!" Need I say more?
2.) The Cutting Edge - I can't help it. I watched this movie at my fourth grade birthday party and I still love it.
3.) Up! - Sorry "The Hurt Locker," but I was rooting for "Up!" to win Best Picture. Ah well. Animated movies always get the shaft!

Three TV shows I can't miss:

1.) Top Chef - The newest season is in DC! Ah, so excited! My hometown!
2.) 30 Rock - I love Liz Lemon. And I absolutely loved Michael Sheen's guest appearance as "Wesley Snipes." Haha.
3.) So You Think You Can Dance - Sometimes, I really wish that I was a dancer on Broadway... Of course, I also wish that I have a personal chef and live in London.

Three books I recently read and loved:

1.) "Gimme a Call"
2.) "Hex Hall"
3.) "The Lovely Bones" - I re-read this after I watched the movie. *Swoon* Love Alice Sebold's prose. There's talent right there.

Three things I'm really, really looking forward to:

1.) Moving back up to DC and seeing my sister everyday! Gotta love little sisters.
2.) Visiting New York in August or September. Can you believe that Justin has never been to NYC before? Astonishing, eh? I can't wait to eat my way through the city with him. Any recommendations? I'd love to hit up one of Bobby Flay's or Jonathan Waxman's restaurants.
3.) Getting my book out on submission! Er...of course, I need to revise it for my agent first.

And now, here are three people that I'm tagging!

1.) Lex

Happy blogging!

9 comments:

  1. Oh yea! This was as fun as I thought it would be. You and I must have the same taste in movies because I love The Princess Bride - "As you wish" *swooning here too* Thanks for playing the game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "There's only one Wesley Snipes in this world!" Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagine what folks do to my name, Caroline. ;-) LOL.

    Oh, and my hubby has never been to NYC either. When you get that huge deal, then you can take Justin and go meet the folks at your publishing house and your agent. I'd like the same for myself as well. :-D And then I can take my hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Paris is awesome. Although I think I gain more weight in Italy- the gelato is heavenly!

    And I love 30 Rock too. It's too darn funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh thanks for the tag! Hopefully I'll have time to blog this weekend :) You get your revision notes yet? I got some of them, with more to come next week, so I've got things to mull over this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Gimme a Call and the Lovely Bones on my TBR read list!

    Cool post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, The Princess Bride! Ever since I saw that movie I've hearted Cary Elwes...even in Kiss the Girls! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindsay, thanks for tagging me! This was a lot of fun!

    Lisa, Hahaha. I hope they bring "Wesley Snipes" back on the show next season.

    Tyhitia, oh yeah, you totally have me beat there! And thanks for the well wishes. :o) I can only dream about heading to New York to meet with my editor. What a dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stephanie, I totally agree about Italy! I gorged myself through Rome--swallowing whole pizzas and buckets of gelato. I even found Ferrero Rocher gelato at a gelato store! Holy cow, it was so awesome.

    Lynn, can't wait to read your own favorites in threes! And congrats on getting your revision notes! I talked to Jim a couple days ago and he said he was swamped in May, but I should be getting his notes next week. Yipes!

    bclement, let me know how you like those books! The Lovely Bones remains one of my favorite books to this day. :o)

    Julie, go Princess Bride! I'm happy to see that other people like it as much as I do. I totally had a crush on Cary Elwes as well! (Although I've never quite figured out how to pronounce his last name...)

    ReplyDelete