In early 2006, I created this blog to chronicle my first real job at the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C. I was a lowly assistant. But I had fun. Thus the blog address, "Caroline in Space."
I grew up in the Washington, D.C. area and now I live on a Virginian mountainside just a stone's throw from the Appalachian Trail. In my free time I like to read awesome books, fiddle with my DSLR, plot ways to get more stamps in my passport, and hang out with my wonderful husband and daughter (aka the Baby Overlord).
I do not like pancakes, waffles, or any other foods smothered in maple syrup; but I do love new readers of my blog. Welcome!
1. I met my husband when I was nineteen years old. I was instantly smitten but he was dating someone else—and that certain someone was a friend of mine. Alas! Fortunately, everything worked out in the end, and I'm still rather smitten with him. :)
2. My favorite TV show ever is "Star Trek: The Next Generation." Engage, Number One!
3. In high school, I never got asked to a school dance. Not even senior prom! That sort of sucked.
4. In high school, I did get the chance to sing at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. That decidedly didn't suck!
5. I have a brother Ryan and a sister Kristy. I'm the oldest, and thus I'm the most awesome. (Kidding!)
6. My dog is named Otto von Bismarck, after the German chancellor who united modern Germany. Why yes, I am a history nerd.
7. In January 2013, my husband and I volunteered at the Sloth Sanctuary in Costa Rica. When I grow up, I want to be a sloth wrangler.
8. I dream about getting more stamps in my passport! On my to-go list: Croatia, Iceland, Turkey, the Galapagos, New Zealand, and outer space. Hey, a girl can dream, right?
9. In my free time, I love taking photos (check out some of my amateur work here!) and I also dabble in graphic design. I designed and coded this blog as well as the following: Tracey Neithercott, Anna-Marie McLemore, A Nudge in the Right Direction, my cousin's wedding website, and this dummy site that I quite like.