September 10, 2013

Playing Catch Up!

{My boys!}
Yesterday night, right before we went to bed, Justin said to me: "You know, you haven't blogged in awhile."

Indeed, I haven't!

I've spent the last three weeks hunched in front of my laptop, pondering and rearranging and re-writing my manuscript. My editor's notes were incredibly insightful so I took her comments and ran with them...and I ended up running pretty far! Haha. As I skimmed through the manuscript before I sent it to Editor Jody yesterday, I noticed that I had revised or re-wrote a very good chunk of the book. Only one chapter was left unscathed!

I suppose that's my revision ritual. Whenever I tackle notes—whether they're from my beta readers or my agent or editor—I tend to revise a lot. Maybe I just can't help it? Of course, I much prefer revising than drafting, which is of the devil. Drafting! *Shudders*

Anyway, my brain is a bit frazzled so look at these pretty pictures! Last week Justin worked in Jacksonville, NC, for a few days, a town only a few miles from the Outer Banks. We rented a cute house, and I took strolls on the beach whenever my thoughts got too boggled from revisions. On one of our walks, we brought Otto along with us and introduced him to the ocean. (It freaked him out!) I love the above picture of the two of them. I like to call it Justin's "Hemingway photo" because he's smoking a cigar and hanging out on the beach with his dog. Granted, to truly channel Hemingway, we would need to be in Key West and swap Otto out for a six-toed cat. Still, close enough!

So how are you? What have you been up to lately? Update me!

{I forced myself out of bed one morning to photograph the sunrise!}

{The morning sunlight really casts a beautiful glow on the beach.}

4 comments:

  1. I always LOVE your photos, and your hubs and Otto are the cutest pair. :) I can't believe Otto is so big now and yay, he has seen the ocean! We hope we can take Loki to a beach someday. We took him to a park with a lake this weekend, and he tried to chase the geese. He would've gone right into the water after them if I hadn't pulled him up short. Guess it's a good thing he's not a huge dog!

    The other thing that is up with me is I SAW THE BACKSTREET BOYS last week!! It was soooooo fun! Definitely try to catch them if they swing by your area at all. I'll probably post more pics on the blog at some point...

    Also, congrats again on turning in your revisions! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are so beautiful, Caroline! But holy goodness, Otto is ridiculously grown up. Look at that alert face!

    Congratulations on finishing your revisions! I always wish I could be driven to revise manically, but after I finish the first draft I sort of... give up on it, heh. Anyway, three weeks is pretty amazing for a full MS revision, in my opinion! Go you :)

    I've started a new story! SNIs always get the better of me, especially when I'm stalling on the current MS. I'm just hoping right now to be able to actually finish this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo w/the grass, it's so bright and feels like I could just reach out and touch it. As for what I'm doing, I'm taking a break from writing while my critique partners read my ms. To distract myself I'm painting my desk yellow! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos Caroline! I love the one of Justin and Otto. Will's first holiday was in the Outerbanks so it will always be special, hope we make it back one day.

    ReplyDelete