Wednesday Wants

One
My first 'want' this fine autumnal Wednesday? To get my bloody manuscript revised! On Monday, I finished my third draft (wahoo!) and I'm now tackling the fourth (ughhhhh). I imagine I need to do one more revision after this one before I can send it to my betas. As much as I love this book, I believe it is trying to kill me slowly.

Two
This coat from Kate Spade is absolute perfection! I adore its bright color, even though I'm not usually a fan of pink, and I adore its flattering silhouette. But I certainly don't adore it's price tag. Egads! $800! Do you know how many books I could buy for that amount of money?


Random aside: I used to own a coat with a similar silhouette. It was midnight black. It was from Zara. I bought it in a little consignment shop in Paris during my study abroad for a whopping 20 euros. I loved that coat.

But it was stolen.

Le sigh. I still think about it sometimes.

Three
These mugs! With the fall in full swing, I'm craving hot apple cider, mint hot chocolate, and lots of pumpkin spice lattes. Aren't these mugs sort of perfect for snuggling up on your couch and reading a fantastic book? Add in a blanket and an oversized warm sweater and you have yourself a perfect afternoon.


Four
Speaking of books, I want every novel I read to be like DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE: vivid settings, oh-so-real characters, and a plot that made my heart twitter. It. Is. So. Damn. Good. 


I finished it a week and a half ago but I still can't get it out of my mind. Right now, I'm reading it for the second time, savoring each word and falling in love with Karou all over again. It's energizing to read such lush and beautiful prose---it pumps me up for my own writing. Even though I'll never be able to write like Laini Taylor, her work inspires me. It pushes me to become a better writer. 

Seriousyl! Go read it right now! Right now!

What are you craving this Wednesday?