Friday Five

One
I'm kind of kicking myself for forgetting my camera when Justin and I visited Winchester, VA earlier this week. During our trip, I headed to the Handley Library to do some writing and---HOLY TOLEDO!---I was utterly and wholly blown away. The building was simply gorgeous, and the YA section was full of comfy chairs and lovely period details, like a spiral staircase that doubled as a bookshelf and the old mahogany floorboards that would creak in certain places. Basically, I could have moved in and felt right at home. 

The Library's exterior

The Library's atrium
Photo courtesy of taberandrew via Flickr
Two
My sister and I went peach-picking yesterday and I discovered this crazy-looking peach with an odd growth on it...a growth that looked kind like a nose! And so, obviously, I decided to name the fruit "Sherman" and I drew him a proper face when we got him. Hmm, he looks like more of a Luigi, huh?

"Eh, Mario, let's make a pizza pie!"

Three
Since we now have an abundance of peaches in the house, I decided to whip up a quick salad for last night's dinner: Tomato & Peach Salad! Yeah, it sounds kind of weird but it was surprisingly yummy! Light, savory, and very, very summery. Approve!



Four
My friend Erin Bowman is coming to DC this weekend! HUZZAH! We've been planning her trip for months and I just can't wait to pick her up from the airport tonight!

Five
Wow, can you guys seriously believe that is is Friday already?! This week has flown by so quickly and I'm lamenting the fact that Justin has to fly back to Kabul on Monday. *Sigh* I'm really grateful that we've been able to spend the last week and a half together but parting is such sweet sorrow! *Insert sad face* As cheesy as it sounds, he is my best friend and my heart feels hollow every time he leaves. At least he'll only be gone for two months--that's nothin' compared to the deployment he had in the Army. Gotta look on the bright side!

Writing Update: Still plugging away on my WIP! I'm a little over halfway done and I hope to finish this revision by the end of the month. Fingers crossed!

So what are you guys up to this weekend? Watching the HP movie? If so, what did you think? I'm going to watch it on Monday!