June 1, 2011

Apologies for being MIA!

Hey guys!

I'm so sorry that I've been MIA this past week! Forgive? Please? But I have a good excuse! My husband is leaving for Afghanistan on Monday so I've kind of unplugged myself from the internet. It has been nice to spend some quality time with J before he heads off to Very Dangerous Country and, to be honest, it has been nice to not check my email every five minutes! Sometimes it's really easy to become engrossed with all things internet, you know? Especially with Twitter! SO ADDICTING.

But I do have some fun "After The Call" posts planned in the next week or so! So be sure to check in. (And Lindsay and Katy---I need to interview you gals!)

Until then, look at this beautiful strawberry cake that I plan on making before Justin departs. Mmm! My friend Ellen served me a slice last week and it was ridiculously delicious. I can't stop thinking about it!

courtesy of smittenkitchen.com

11 comments:

  1. We've missed you, but boy is that a legit excuse. I wish your husband all sorts of safe boredom while he's away- no excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! Boo for husbands in Afgahnistan! But that strawberry cake... that's something I can get behind. :) (I'd LOVE to be interviewed, by the way--how fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty darn good excuse for unplugging, and an excellent reason to make strawberry cake. Looking forward to reading your posts after you return!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant reason for unplugging! And that strawberry cake looks delicious... it's my lunchtime and all I can think about now is skipping the salad and heading straight down the cake aisle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to your return, but yes. . .you have a good excuse:) Any time on the interview - exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed you so very much! Glad to have you back. You are, of course, forgiven -- so nice you were able to spend some time with J before he leaves. I hope he has a safe and speedy return home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're back! :) I think it's sweet you took some time off to spend with your husband before he leaves. That strawberry cake looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about Justin leaving! Isn't this his second time there? My brother did a tour in Afghanistan a couple of years ago...how stressful for you. I hope time passes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks sooo delicious. :-D I didn't know Ellen baked.

    If you didn't move so far, you could have come by my house for baked goods. LOL. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to some more 'After the Call'.

    And ~I'm sure your husband will be home before you know it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow it looks delicious!!

    Best of luck sending him off! I'll keep him our prayers along with your entire family.

    I'm new to the blog but it is just gorgeous so I look forward to continually stopping in when you've finished being unplugged!

    ReplyDelete