May 22, 2011

Sunday Six

1.) I went shopping yesterday for the first time in about a month. Sometimes I get that sudden urge to buy skirts or dresses, you know? Especially now that the weather is getting warmer. (Although it's still kind of overcast outside. Damn you, clouds!) I ended up buying a black accordion skirt from Zara, which surprised me since I usually stay away from black. But I love how flouncy it is! *Flounces*



2.) Since Justin is gone on a business trip, my little sis and I have been spending a lot of time together. Little sisters are awesome! Today, we went to a local garden to walk around and to scare off the Canadian geese. (I hate how they poop everywhere. Damn geese!) Here I am in my flouncy black skirt! You can't really see how flouncy, it is. I should've been skipping...


3.) And here's Kristy looking over the great wilds of the garden. We've decided that we're going to move here some day and build a house overlooking the pond and gazebo. You're all invited! You can stay in our guesthouse. We'll have three of those.


4.) The best part of the garden was the roses! *Dies* They were so, so, so pretty. Especially this pink one with a yellow center. It looked like a sunrise.




5.) Speaking of sisters, I made a mock-up this weekend for Kristy's new blog. She's going to China this fall for study abroad and she wants a blog to share pictures with friends and family since the Chinese government has banned Facebook. Ah, the Chinese government! I'm so glad my grandparents fled from you.

By the way, I'm seriously loving this blog design thing. So. Much. Fun. And so much easier than writing a book!


6.) And finally, THANK YOU for all of your encouragement! I sent an excerpt of my WIP to Jim on Thursday and now I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me. Fingers crossed he'll like it!

How are you guys doing? What did you do this weekend?

10 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous garden! Also, I'm digging your blog layouts, especially the one you did for Kristy. If you're not careful, I may hire you one of these days.

    What did I do this weekend? REVISE LIKE THERE WAS NO TOMORROW. Because, you know, there might not have been.

    Also, bought roller blades and wheeled around the neighborhood two days in a row. And now I hurt everywhere, and am fairly certain I'm stuck in 1983.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Kristy! How fun! I love the design you did for her blog too. You are seriously impressing me here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! So you finished the WIP? Good luck! Let me know how it goes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little sisters ARE awesome. And those are great pictures. Good luck with that wip and agent feedback! I'm sending my new project to my agent this coming weekend ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, LOVE gardens. They are one of my favorite things to scope out when I travel. I also love your flouncy skirt! So cute.

    And lastly, I agree! Little sisters are the best. I have one myself and she's the coolest :)

    Keep me posted on WIP news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the blog you did for your sister, it's so cool and the title makes me laugh :)

    Also loving that flouncy skirt!

    Fingers crossed on the WIP

    ReplyDelete
  7. That stripped rose is gorgeous! I thought only carnations and tulips came in stripes. These blog layouts are smashing! The colors are always pleasing and the banners just delightful.

    This weekend was a total waste. Studied for finals and not much else.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like so much fun. I love the skirt. And your sister's website looks great. I've been working on my website while revising. It's a nice break and a different way to think creatively.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Flounce! :D

    Love the blog you designed for your sister - you have such a great design eye!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ditto on the fab new blog designs! You're awesome. And oh so flouncy!

    ReplyDelete