Wednesday Roundup of Linkage Awesomeness!


Ready for some cool links? All right, here we go!

1.) If you like my "After The Call" series, be sure to read Agent Rachelle Gardner's post on why an agent gives up on a project. Fascinating! Some of her reasonings? Bad market. Not saleable. And plain out of options.

2.) My friend Jessica Spotswood (who recently landed a three-book deal with Penguin!) writes about her journey to publication, which is both interesting and inspiring. Even cooler? Jess is answering questions in the comments section!

3.) The lovely Kate Kelly has graciously asked me to write about how I got my agent over on her blog. Thanks for having me, Kate!

4.) Author Alexandra Bracken has a fascinating post about publishing lists and why certain books are published within a year while others take longer to make it to bookshelves. 

5.) Finally, my friend Lindsay Currie just launched a new blog with her writing partner that focuses on dystopians and their YA dystopian FATUM. Cool stuff!

And just for fun, here is a video of one of my favorite animals--the slow loris! I love the look on its face when the owner stops scratching it. Like, "Hey! Keep up the scratches, human!"