January 31, 2011

What Do You Want to Read on "After The Call"?

First, thank you everybody for all of your comments and feedback on my "After The Call" series! I've really enjoyed writing these posts and conducting these interviews, and I'm so glad that it has been helpful. Phew! Sometimes I worry if this series is really helpful or not, you know? Insecurities!

Second, I have a few ideas floating around in my head about future posts for the series:
  • How often should you communicate with your agent?
  • What if your book doesn't sell?
  • When should you break-up with an agent?
  • And interviews with authors on what it's like to have multiple offers from editors

Beyond these ideas though, I'm still trying to brainstorm what I should write about in "After The Call."

So I open it up to you! What would you like to read about in "After The Call"? What questions do you have? What would you like to see come next?

Can't wait to hear your responses!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry - I got nothing, but I'm sure you'll think of something great. In the meantime, I'm just looking forward to the posts you just mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I think the idea of hearing how to handle situations in which you are no longer happy with your agent would be very interesting. Not sure how you'd find guest posters for that one LOL but if you did, it would be informative:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing that I think MANY writers wonder about is the submissions process itself. What is it like? What do you do while you wait? What do editors even say when they give feedback? What happens if there's an interested party? multiple parties? etc etc

    I feel many writers stop blogging about what happens on submission in regards to their own projects. And this makes sense... they don't want to publicly announce/write about how long their book is sitting on sub. But I feel there is some room for non-personal information in this realm... general procedures and what to expect. At least, I think that would be wonderful. Just my two cents.

    (This really is a great series Caroline. Keep up the great work!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the above. One can but dream.

    (Found your blog via your comment on the DGLM blog today. I love it, and wish you all the best with the submission of "The Cosmic Chronicles of Danny. J. Singer.: I'm totally buying it when it comes out.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great comments, guys! Thank you!

    Ian, I'm glad you're enjoying this series!

    Lindsay, exactly! I'd love to interview someone about breaking up with an agent but I wonder if anyone would be willing to speak up?

    Erin, so many great ideas! Thank you!

    Michael, welcome to my blog! Feel free to kick up your feet and stay awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete