April 3, 2008

My Grandma would be proud


I made wontons for dinner tonight! I grabbed a recipe off of the Food Network and I rummaged through my rusty memory to remember when my grandma taught me how to fold wontons and dumplings. (Note: dumplings require circle-shaped dough while wontons need square-shaped.)

With my new dining room combined with my new wonton-making skills, you'd think I'm entering the world of the domestic goddess. But never fear---my feminist roarings are never far from view!

6 comments:

  1. so,when are you cooking dinner for us???? what are you doing next week? we should hang out, go shopping, eat or something.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Let's totally hang out! Have you been to Five Guys yet? It's a hamburger place on the East Coast and it's very yummy. (Although I'm debating if I like Five Guys better or In 'N Out...you'll have to help me judge!) I'm free all week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm really impressed. I once folded potstickers with a friend and she kept trying to convince me that mine looked okay, even though I could see they were a disaster. And very time consuming.

    Oh, and I love your dining room and your pretty new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I want some of your wontons...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome!

    Who said feminism and being skilled at food are at odds? It's all about survival... when you are in the jungle and need to eat, you can just whip up some homemade wontons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how yummy. I wish I was there. Sam would love them I'm sure. That boy eats anything.

    ReplyDelete